Half-day guided food tour Normandy
Cheese, cider and Calvados guided tours
Going on a guided food tour in Normandy takes you beyond the Mont Saint Michel and the landing beaches. Discover the beautiful landscape with green pastures, cows grazing thick grass, gentle hills blossoming trees...Discover the creamy cheeses and the tasty apple drinks...
We will start with the Graindorge Factory in the city of Livarot and get to know everything about the 4 cheeses of Normandy : Livarot, Pont L'évêque, Neufchâtel and...Camembert! You will know everything from the milking of the cows to the packaging of the cheeses and of course you will try all of them!
Then you will discover two different cider and calvados producers in the cider road ! One is an organic farm making fine product and the other is a well know producer making innovative cider and very old calvados.
We will end the day with a visit in one of the most beautiful villages in France : Beuvron-en Auge !
Program of the day :
The half day includes :
- Departure from Caen at 1:30pm (or from another location depending of the bookings)
- Drop-off around 6.30pm in Caen
- An aproach according your cravings (technical, gustatory, historical ... )
- The discovery of the "Auge country" and its history along the road
- Visit of 3 production sites
- Comparison tastings associated with other local products
- A personal explanations booklet of products, visits areas, map of the region ...
- The opportunity to buy live from the producer at local prices (lower than anywhere else)
The base price for the day is 75€.
Please, notice that you need to book at least the day before you intend to take the tour.