Normandy full-day food tour
Full day cheese and hard cider tour
Going on a full day guided food tour is the best way to really enjoy Normandy and its way of life. Discover the beautiful landscape with green pastures, cows grazing thick grass, gentle hills and blossoming trees...Discover the creamy cheeses and the tasty apple drinks...
During the morning you will get to know everything about cheese in Normandy. We will start with the visit and tastings of Graindorge dairy that make two AOP cheeses of Normandy: the Pont-l’Evêque and the Livarot.
Then we will go to one of the last two standing farms making the famous Camembert of Normandy. You will taste all Norman cheeses, see the production and the cows… By noon you will know more about cheese than most of the French!
For lunch, we will have a traditional norman picnic with terroir products: seasonal salad, ham, baguette, teurgoule, butter, cheeses, ciders...
In the afternoon you will let yourself guided in the farms and estates where hard apple cider and calvados brandy are made. You will try old brandys up to 45 years old.
Finally we will stop in one of France nicest villages : Beuvron-en-Auge.
By the end of the day Normandy way of life won't have any more secrets for you !
The day includes :
- Departure from Caen at 9.30am (or from another location depending of the bookings)
- Drop-off in Caen around 5.30pm
- An aproach according your cravings (technical, gustatory, historical ... )
- The discovery of the "Pays d'Auge" and its history along the road
- Visit of 4-5 production sites
- Comparison tastings associated with other local products
- A personal explanations booklet of products, visits areas, map of the region ...
- The opportunity to buy live from the producer at local prices (cheaper than anywhere else)
The base price for the day is 150€.
Lunch is a picnic of local products in a charming village for an extra 20€/person. Please advide of any special diet.
Pick-up and drop-off available from Bayeux (+45€ for the vehicule)