Hard pear cider tour
Normandy pear cider tour
Far less known than hard apple cider, perry can be compared to cider like champagne and white wine! Made from pear juice, the manufacturing process is similar to cider. However the final result is surprisingly different. Fine bubbles drink, flavor can sometime be tart, sweet, almost always balanced, it is invariably pleasant in the mouth. It is also with perry that we make the finest calvados liquor.
Our Perry tour is a unique opportunity to discover this exceptional and confidential drinks and their strong link to the terroir.
We have develloped this route for you to go beyond the traditional duo "visit-tasting tour". Pear Products of the Domfront region are PDO. They are the result of a territory, a climate and an expertise.They are typical and guenuine. They can claim the "terroir product" mention. It is this notion of terroir and typicality that you will discover with us and the producers.
If you do not know perry yet, book a tour now. You will meet producers willing to transmit their knowledge and loving their product.
Our Perry tour allows you to discover:
- PDO Perry of Domfront country
- PDO Calvados of Domfront country
- Pear aperitif
- few other food speciality
The day includes :
- Departure , Caen, Mont saint-Michel, or from your accommodation nearby at 9am
- Drop-off in Caen or Mont saint-Michel around 6pm
- An aproach according your cravings (technical, gustatory, historical ... )
- The discovery of the "Pays de Domfront" and its history along the road
- Visit of 4 production sites
- Comparison tastings associated with other local products
- A personal explanations booklet of products, visits areas, map of the region ...
- The opportunity to buy live from the producer at local prices (lower than anywhere else)
The base price for the day is 115€
Lunch is a picnic of local products in a charming farm (20€/person) or in a restaurant among three according to your convenience (between 20-50€/person).
You can also bring your own picnic.
Please, notice that you need to book your tour at least 4 days before.