Half-day guided food tour Normandy
Cheese, cider and Calvados guided tours
Going on a guided food tour in Normandy takes you beyond the Mont Saint Michel and the landing beaches. To the French Normandy sounds like the region of good life. To them, it evokes green pastures, grazing cows, lush grass, gentle hills blossoming trees...The French imagine Normandy as a picturesque region. And they are right.
Normandy is home to the world famous Camembert cheese. It is a soft cheese which name sounds like it tastes. According to your pallet it can be gentle and bubbly to sharp and rough... It is the ultimate food !
Normandy is also home of Cognac cousin: the Calvados. An apple brandy aged in oak barrels. Calvados is made by apple cider distillation. Cider is made with apple juice; apples that grow in the apple orchard that cover the hills of Normandy...
Our tours take you to the heart of Normandy to discover these products. You will meet genuine people and taste lots of these products.
All tastings are included.
Program of the day :
The half day includes :
- Departure from, Lisieux at 2pm, Caen at 1:30pm, or from your accommodation nearby
- Drop-off around 6pm in Lisieux, 7pm in Caen
- An aproach according your cravings (technical, gustatory, historical ... )
- The discovery of the "Auge country" and its history along the road
- Visit of 3-4 production areas
- Comparison tastings associated with other local products
- A personal explanations booklet of products, visits areas, map of the region ...
- The opportunity to buy live from the producer at local prices (lower than anywhere else)
The base price for the day is 70€.
Pick up possible from Bayeux or your accomodation nearby.
Please, notice that you need to book at least the day before you intend to take the tour.