Normandy full-day food tour
Full day cheese and hard cider tour
Going on a full day guided food tour is the best way to really enjoy Normandy and its way of life.
During the morning you will get to know everything about Camembert cheese. We will go to one of the last two standing farms making camembert cheese. You will taste all Norman cheeses, see the production, see the cows... in the end of the morning you will know more about cheese than most of the French .
We will have lunch in one of France nicest village with terroir products: Seasonal salad, andouille, baguette, teurgoule, butter, cheeses, ciders...
In the afternoon you will let yourself guided in the farms and estates where hard apple cider and calvados brandy are made. You will try old brandys up to 45 years old.
Finally we will stop in one of France Nicest villages.
By the end of the day Normandy way of life won't have any more secrets for you.
The day includes :
- Departure from, Caen, or Lisieux, or from your accommodation nearby at 9am
- Drop-off in Caen or Lisieux around 6pm
- An aproach according your cravings (technical, gustatory, historical ... )
- The discovery of the "Pays d'Auge" and its history along the road
- Visit of 6-7 production sites
- Comparison tastings associated with other local products
- A personal explanations booklet of products, visits areas, map of the region ...
- The opportunity to buy live from the producer at local prices (cheaper than anywhere else)
The base price for the day is 115€.
Lunch is a picnic of local products in a charming village (20€/person). You can also bring your own picnic.
Pick-up and drop-off available from Bayeux. (contact me)